IMMACULATE CONCEPTION B.V.M.
PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Whereas we the faithful community of Immaculate Conception - - composed of clerics, religious and laity, and serving under the leadership of Our Holy Father the Pope and our local bishop - - profess our firm belief in Our Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World;
Whereas we who are baptized in Jesus Christ pledge our commitment to Him of fulfilling His command of spreading the good news of the gospel through His Eucharistic sacrifice, His sacraments and evangelization;
Whereas we, in our diversity, are one in proclaiming the truths of His teachings through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, commit ourselves to the renewal aspirations of Our Holy Catholic Church;
We, therefore, firmly resolve to:
- continue to serve our congregation members who attend church regularly by offering them inspirational, devotional services and by attending properly to their spiritual needs;
- help bring back to full communion those who have been away from Mass and the sacraments by personal invitation and by listening to their concerns;
- welcome new members to our parish community and assist them in becoming comfortable in their new religious family;
- serve members who may be separated and divorced by helping them realize the ways they can still function as good Catholic Church members;
- educate adults by R.C.I.A., Renew and other religious education programs;
- provide religious education for the young people of the parish through an exceptional parish school system, CCD and other youth programs;
- extend ourselves to our neighboring Christian communities and members of other denominations in any way that respects the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- do all this with the blessings of God Our Father and in obedience to Him; in imitation of Our Lord Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; by beseeching the Holy Spirit for His gifts and His fruits; and through the intercession of our heavenly patroness, the Blessed Virgin Mary, under the title of the Immaculate Conception.